AMRC Training Centre update from Nikki Jones, Director of the AMRC Training Centre: 26/08/2021
In line with Government policy and the national lifting of Covid-19 restrictions, Covid-19 protocols in the University of Sheffield AMRC Training Centre have been reviewed and are outlined below. These protocols are regularly reviewed and may be modified in line with Government and university guidelines.
Your safety remains our priority, so we’re continuing to take precautions in the new academic year.
We advise staff and apprentices to:
● keep a face mask with you at all times in case circumstances require you to wear it
● wear a face covering in enclosed spaces.
● wash your hands often throughout the day. Sanitising stations are situated throughout the Training Centre
● take two rapid lateral flow Covid-19 tests per week. We currently have a limited supply of lateral flow testing kits, but we recommend that you order these from the government's web page
● follow any one-way systems in place (they will be clearly marked) and make space for each other when moving around the building. For example, the atrium staircase is open without restriction but access to the 1st and 2nd floor teaching rooms remains one-way.
Do not attend the AMRC Training Centre if you experience any Covid-19 symptoms.
Self-isolate, book a test, and inform the University of Sheffield.
Before attending the AMRC Training Centre:
- Face coverings must be worn when moving around the centre
- Do not come into the training centre if you or anyone else in your household has symptoms
- Do not come into the training centre if you have been identified as a contact and asked to self-isolate by NHS track and trace, even if you have no symptoms
- You must complete the steps outlined on our apprentice support page if either of the above apply to you
- Please read our apprentice and employer Covid-19 support pages for further information.
You can find all up-to-date University of Sheffield wide confirmed cases of Covid-19 online. These figures include any confirmed cases at the AMRC Training Centre.
We know that it is a difficult time and we have a student support team on hand to offer you any support.
University of Sheffield Covid-19 Testing (Lateral Flow Tests)
We are supporting the Government's lateral flow test initiative in which FREE lateral flow tests (that provide results within 24 hours) are available to all. Now that restrictions are easing, more staff and students will be coming into the training centre. We encourage all staff and students to make use of the FREE lateral flow tests available to them.
We recommend that tests are done twice a week (e.g. on Wednesday and Sunday). Results should be recorded on the Government website.
There are a few ways you can obtain tests:
- Ordered online and delivered to your home address via the Government website
- Collected from the AMRC Training Centre reception (you'll need your U-card)
- Collect from your local chemist or supermarket pharmacy
- At your local testing centre
- At the University of Sheffield Covid-19 testing centre.
These tests are for students and staff that are not showing any Covid-19 symptoms. If you develop symptoms of Covid-19, self-isolate, book an NHS test and inform the University.
We advise that you are vaccinated as soon as you are able. Everyone aged 18 and over living in the UK is eligible for a free Covid-19 vaccination, regardless of their nationality or immigration status.
You can get your first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine if you're aged 16 or 17. The NHS will contact you when it's your turn to get the vaccine. If you have been fully vaccinated in the UK, you no longer need to self-isolate if you’re identified as a close contact of someone with Covid-19. Instead you should book a free PCR test as soon as possible.
Further guidance on vaccinations
It is important that we keep working together to stay safe.