AMRC Training Centre update from Nikki Jones, Director of the AMRC Training Centre: 03/06/2021
Following the recent changes to restrictions regarding the wearing of face coverings in education establishments, we are now introducing some relaxations:
- Whilst sat at desks, staff and apprentices will not be required to wear face coverings as long as they maintain the two metre distance rule. Anyone can continue to wear face coverings should they wish to do so
- When moving around the class/training centre, face coverings will remain mandatory
- Staff and apprentices will also now be able to go offsite to get lunch or go for a walk.
The above relaxations apply to all apprentices – classroom and workshop.
Before attending the AMRC Training Centre:
- Face coverings must be worn when moving around the centre
- Do not come into the training centre if you or anyone else in your household has symptoms
- Do not come into the training centre if you have been identified as a contact and asked to self-isolate by NHS track and trace, even if you have no symptoms
- You must complete the steps outlined on our apprentice support page if either of the above apply to you
- Our café will remain closed due to the current restrictions
- Please read our apprentice and employer Covid-19 support pages for further information.
You can find all up-to-date University of Sheffield wide confirmed cases of Covid-19 online. These figures include any confirmed cases at the AMRC Training Centre.
We know that it is a difficult time and we have a student support team on hand to offer you any support. You can find more information on our student support pages or contact student support directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Sheffield Covid-19 Testing (Lateral Flow Tests)
We are supporting the Government's lateral flow test initiative in which FREE lateral flow tests (that provide results within 24 hours) are available to all. Now that restrictions are easing, more staff and students will be coming into the training centre. We encourage all staff and students to make use of the FREE lateral flow tests available to them.
We recommend that tests are done twice a week (e.g. on Wednesday and Sunday). Results should be recorded on the Government website.
There are a few ways you can obtain tests:
- Ordered online and delivered to your home address via the Government website
- Collected from the AMRC Training Centre reception (you'll need your U-card)
- Collect from your local chemist or supermarket pharmacy
- At your local testing centre
- At the University of Sheffield Covid-19 testing centre.
These tests are for students and staff that are not showing any Covid-19 symptoms. If you develop symptoms of Covid-19, self-isolate, book an NHS test and inform the University.
It is important that we keep working together to stay safe.