This role will place you in an experienced team, some of whom have been with the company from the first day. You will work alongside colleagues that will help you learn new skills and quickly become a key member of the team. You will work in a trusted role developing and building your confidence across all disciplines associated to the role.
- Assumes responsibility for quality of installations and serviceability of equipment on site by undertaking inspections of workmanship to ensure British Standards are surpassed
- Read job specification sheets and prepare all necessary equipment to complete jobs
- Fault finding, repairing and installation of intercom, access control and CCTV systems to specified standards
- Installation of mechanical equipment
- Be part of a team building our new Intelipods
- Install and maintain mechanical devices
- Carry out Preventative planned maintenance on electrical systems
Personal qualities the candidate must have:
- Work well alone and with a team
- Good problem solving skills
- Listening and questioning skills
- Computer literacy
- Good communication skills
- Impeccable attendance and punctuality to ensure minimum disruption to the business and the client
- Takes ownership of any Health or Safety issues on site and ensures appropriate resolution seeking assistance where necessary
- Is personally responsible for maintaining company standards whilst on site or on the road
- Maintains a clean and tidy work area ensuring a professional image is maintained
- Takes personal responsibility to stay up to date with qualifications and industry standards
- Is personally responsible for maintaining company standards whilst on site
Intelligent Protection Management Group Ltd was formed in 2006. Since then, we have grown into a diverse facilities management company expanding into CCTV, Static Guarding, Cleaning & IT.
At the beginning of the pandemic, IPM Group CEO Rick Bailey, began to put plans in place to manufacture touchless entry systems as opposed to biometrics. 1 year later, our first of its kind product was launched and has since become sought after by companies across the world as far as Australia and America.
We are a Killamarsh based company and having a strong presence across the country.
Things to consider:
During the first year you will be required to attend the University of Sheffield AMRC Training Centre in Sheffield, full time for an initial block of study.
One Friday per month you will return to your workplace.
After the initial block training you will attend the AMRC Training Centre for one day a week to undertake the knowledge study. The remaining four days will be spent in company learning on the job.
Advanced Apprenticeships entry requirements
A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 5 to 9 (or equivalent), including mathematics, English and a science, technology or engineering-related subject. Applicants are also required to pass an assessment at the AMRC Training Centre before being offered a place on an apprenticeship.