Control Technical Support Engineers primarily assist the smooth running of manufacturing activity in activities such as site maintenance. Typically, they work closely with other production roles in a fast-paced and cost-conscious manufacturing environment, where complex problem solving is key.
Personal qualities the candidate must have:
- Purpose & Service: Works from purpose for the good of others. Knows what their own purpose/what motivates them. Communicates with enthusiasm about the specific role requirements/programme applied for. Has a realistic understanding of the programme requirements and expectations.
- Personal Mastery: Always brings their best self. Makes an immediate and positive impact on others. Manages own emotions, remaining calm and effective during stressful times. Present and focused in the moment, attends to tasks and people to make conscious decisions. Acknowledges their limits of personal knowledge, skills, and expertise.
- Agility: Constantly curious and courageous. Sharing success and failures with others, reflecting on learnings. Proactively taking actions to constantly learn and improve, seeking feedback from colleagues. Adapts quickly to change by modifying behaviour and approach.
● Curiosity: A passion to learn how things work and a desire to actively participate in seeking solutions/improvements.
● Problem solving: Ability to approach problems in a logical and structured manner aiming to generate effective solutions.
● Communication skills: Convey or share ideas and feelings effectively using verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrate effective listening and questioning skills.
● Teamwork: Work well in a team and contribute towards individual and team goals.
● Computer Literacy: Knowledge of Microsoft office programmes including Word & Excel.
Unilever is one of the world’s largest consumer goods companies, pioneering and innovating for over 120 years and enhancing the lives of over 2.5 billion consumers every day using our products to feel good, look good and get more out of life.
Producing over 400 brands across 190 countries gives us a unique opportunity to create positive change, grow our business and achieve our purpose of making sustainable living commonplace. Our products range from nutritious foods, household care essentials, indulgent ice creams, refreshing teas, luxurious shampoos, disease combating soaps… and many more. This means you will find at least one of our products in seven out of ten households on the planet. By joining our Engineering team as an apprentice, you will become part of our inclusive community of over 8000 of the most highly skilled Engineers worldwide, spanning across 320+ factories. Working together, supporting each other, and implementing the latest technology and design to build ground-breaking solutions and innovations.
Things to consider:
The Level 6 (Degree) Control Technical Support Engineer apprenticeship programme includes a series of placements within the factory environment.
Please note: Candidates with prior engineering qualifications and or experience may be exempt from the initial 23 week block training.
Unless as mentioned above an exemption applies, during the first year candidates are required to attend the University of Sheffield AMRC Training Centre in Sheffield, full time for an initial 23 week block . This will require you to stay away from home in University accommodation. 1 Friday per month candidates return to the workplace. After the initial 23 week block candidates will be required to attend the AMRC Training Centre for 1.5 days each month for a full day of classroom teaching alongside remote online learning during the month.
- Degree Apprenticeship entry requirements
A minimum of two A-Levels at grade B or above, including a mathematical based subject and a science, technology, engineering or an additional mathematics related subject; an Engineering BTEC Level 3 with 120 credits at distinction or merit level; or equivalent qualifications such as Cambridge Technicals. Plus five GCSEs at grades 4 to 6, including mathematics, English and a science, technology or engineering related subject.