- Fabrication and welding of architectural metalwork consisting of stair cases, balconies, balconies, gates, Juliets
- To take drawings and then set out and fabricate from mild or stainless steel parts by welding or bolting together to a required fabrication standard
- Bolting together, to a required fabrication standard
- To be conversant in the H&S requirements and abide by these rules
- To weld to a coded standard in both MIG and TIG.
Personal qualities the candidate must have:
Have a positive, can-do approach and have a keen eye for accuracy and detail.
The company, Dearneside Fabrications, has supplied balconies on many of the larger residential projects in the UK. With few rivals in Europe that can deliver the volume and quality of balconies required on these projects, the company continually exceeds our clients expectations. Balconies will be delivered fully assembled including all decking, balustrade and cladding by our internal transport division. A double stack transporter system has been developed for the company making best use of its expansive fleet - a first in the UK.
Advanced Apprenticeships entry requirements
A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 5 to 9 (or equivalent), including mathematics, English and a science, technology or engineering-related subject. Applicants are also required to pass an assessment at the AMRC Training Centre before being offered a place on an apprenticeship.