- Perform practical work in a safe and controlled manner to ensure both quality of work and the safety of yourself and others
- Oversee preparation and finalisation of experimental investigations
- Support with experimental investigations
- Support the analysis and report on results of experimentation
- Support the production of prototype designs based upon experimentation results
- Manufacture prototypes for visualisation as well as test purposes
- Manage suppliers to ensure ordered parts are delivered on schedule, to cost and to specification
- Provide regular update on progress to line manager
- Ensure that Tribosonics is a healthy and safe working environment
- Conduct work for Tribosonics in a professional manner
- Assist with other tasks as requested, including being responsible for the laboratory or office on a rota basis
- Play a role in improving the company.
- Follow works procedures carefully
- Results are both accurate and repeatable
- Results recorded in a clear manner and well documented
- Compliance to H&S regulations and Tribosonics practices
- Read and understand risk assessments
- Prepare lab/workshop with correct materials and equipment
- Pack away materials and equipment after testing
- Source materials and equipment from suppliers
- Carry out testing
- Recording of data/findings
- Take responsibility for testing documentation
- Be professional if carrying out work on client sites
- Carry out data processing
- Plot results in suitable formats (Excel)
- Care taken with data formatting
- Assist with the writing of reports
- Data and results sufficiently documented and archived so they may be used in the future
- Research other solutions and carefully document findings
- Brainstorm possible solutions
- Sourcing components from bill of materials
- Carry out machining on milling machine and lathe
- Manage the process of outsourcing more complex machining tasks
- Prototypes are to be of high quality
- Create method statements, risk assessments
- Create packing lists and resource sourcing
- Support line manager during industrial visits.
Personal qualities the candidate must have:
- An interest in engineering
- Determination to succeed
- An interest in solving problems.
- Good analytical skills
- Good IT skills (able to do word processing, use spreadsheets, send and receive emails and use the internet)
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Some experience working with hand tools.
Tribosonics is a transformational technology business taking its unique sensing technologies into uncharted and valuable territories, to deliver scale and impact. We drive transformation at scale by combining our unique sensing technologies with a value driven commercial problem-solving approach. This enables us to extract smart, targeted data that delivers significant value for business and industry.
Things to consider:
Please ensure that you are able to travel to this employer.
Degree Apprenticeship entry requirements
A minimum of two A-Levels at grade B or above, including a mathematical based subject and a science, technology, engineering or an additional mathematics related subject; an Engineering BTEC Level 3 with 120 credits at distinction or merit level; or equivalent qualifications such as Cambridge Technicals. Plus five GCSEs at grades 4 to 6, including mathematics, English and a science, technology or engineering related subject.