Atlantic Pumps are looking for a positive, can-do Fitter, willing to take on any challenge, attempt the impossible and be a key player in the organisation.
- Tidy tools and maintain workshop environment
- Clear despatch
- Assist other fitters
- Daily plans and huddle
- Packing and despatch of spares
- 100% accuracy.
- Cable on pumps
- Assembly of built up pumps
- Changeover of spares, general fitting
- Paint spraying.
- Strip and inspect slurry pumps
- Strip and inspect submersibles
- Report on wear, reasons for failure
- Re build and reassemble pumps
- Check running on diesel units
- Ensure refurbed pumps leave us in excellent condition.
Personal qualities the candidate must have:
- A solid grasp of the concept of mechanics
- A positive, can-do approach
- Be addicted to accuracy and creating a perfect job.
You will need a basic understanding of the following:
- Electrical Welding
- Fitting basics
- Belts and Pulleys.
Atlantic Pumps are experts in providing solutions for quarry dewatering and pumps for mineral handling and abrasive applications. We are manufacturers of a number of industry-leading slurry pump brands.
Things to consider:
During the first year you will be required to attend the University of Sheffield AMRC Training Centre in Sheffield, full time for an initial block of study. One Friday per month you will return to your workplace. After the initial block training you will attend the AMRC Training Centre for one day a week to undertake the knowledge study. The remaining four days will be spent in company learning on the job.
Please note the AMRC Training Centre reserves the right to close applications ahead of the published closing date.
Advanced Apprenticeships entry requirements
A minimum of three GCSEs at grade 5 (or C) or above, including mathematics, English and science, technology, or engineering-related subject.
Applicants are required to successfully complete the AMRC and employer recruitment and selection process to secure a place on an apprenticeship programme.