Trainee Draughtsman, working alongside and assisting our technical team with project implementation at all stages from order to delivery.Duties include but not exclusive to:
- Site Surveys/meetings in the UK and abroad
- Site Layouts
- Identify and interpret customer requirements
- Presentation drawings for quotation
- Identify engineering problems and implement design solutions
- Detail drawing and part design
- Obtaining supplier quotations
- Raise and issue of purchase orders
- Order monitoring and liaison with third party suppliers
- Project cost monitoring and reporting
- Good understanding of Microsoft Windows
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office desirable but not essential
Personal qualities the candidate must have:
- Good manners
- Ability to mix well in all age groups
- A desire to learn and progress
- Work well under pressure
- Good degree of self motivation
During the first year you will be required to attend the University of Sheffield AMRC Training Centre in Sheffield, full time for an initial block of study.
One Friday per month you will return to your workplace.
After the initial block training you will attend the AMRC Training Centre for one day a week to undertake the knowledge study. The remaining four days will be spent in company learning on the job.
We are the leading independent supplier of Air Conveyor Systems, Empty Can Rinsers & Twist Systems for the Beverage industry sector. We are proud of supplying & supporting many blue chip companies & the OEM equipment suppliers with our systems. Our specialist Air Conveyor Systems for Empty CANS & PET Bottles, Can Rinsers & Twist Systems are all manufactured at our production facility in the UK near Doncaster.
Advanced Apprenticeships entry requirements
A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 5 to 9 (or equivalent), including mathematics, English and a science, technology or engineering-related subject. Applicants are also required to pass an assessment at the AMRC Training Centre before being offered a place on an apprenticeship.