The chosen candidate will study towards a Metal Fabricator Apprenticeship.
During your apprenticeship you will be trained in all disciplines of welding and fabrication. Opportunities may also arise for NDT training.
Tasks you will carry out:
• MIG, TIG and MMA welding of mild steel and stainless steel
• Fabrication of complex assemblies using drawings
• Working to quality standards required for the components
• Ensure you adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures
• Working to given time scales
• Work alongside skilled colleagues to provide you with the knowledge needed
to become fully trained
• You will also be expected to respond quickly to changing demands throughout
your working day.
• Delivering increased productivity
• Reduced production costs maximising end user output
• Working with people at all levels of the organisation.
The successful candidate will work within a team whilst demonstrating personal drive and motivation to deliver results.
- Demonstrate good team working abilities
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Be a highly motivated individual
- Have good organisation and time keeping skills.
Personal qualities the candidate must have:
- Willing to learn new skills and adapt to change
- Have a passion for engineering.
Crowle Wharf Engineers Ltd (CWE) was established in 1966 to work in the power, steel and rail industries. It now has two sites; Crowle and Worksop employing 44 people. The business is over 60% rail with bogies and parts refurbished and manufactured at Crowle and a specialist coupler site at Worksop.
CWE carries out machining, fabrication and non-destructive testing (NDT) of components. CWE specialise in safety critical engineering solutions.
Things to consider:
The location of the employer and transportation links.
Advanced Apprenticeships entry requirements
A minimum of five GCSEs at grade 5 to 9 (or equivalent), including mathematics, English and a science, technology or engineering-related subject. Applicants are also required to pass an assessment at the AMRC Training Centre before being offered a place on an apprenticeship.