The Pearson BTEC HNC in Engineering provides students with the core knowledge, skills and techniques needed by all engineers, irrespective of future specialisms, in order to achieve high performance in engineering. Students will develop and build their knowledge, skills and techniques in order to become successful Engineering Technicians. They will develop the skills necessary for fault finding and problem solving, reflecting on their work and contributing to the development of the process and environment they operate within.
Upon completion of the HNC, students will be able to demonstrate a sound concept of the basic concepts of engineering; be able to communicate accurately and appropriately; and have the qualities of personal responsibility needed for employment. They will have developed a range of transferable skills to ensure effective team working, independent working with growing fault finding and problem-solving strategies and organisational awareness. They will understand the ethical responsibilities of engineers, for cost and the importance of protecting and sustaining the environment.
What will I study on the course?
- Year 1: Engineering Maths; Engineering Science; Electrical and Electronic Principles; Automation, Robotics and PLCs
- Year 2: Electrical Systems and Fault Finding; Managing a Professional Engineering Project; Engineering Design; Instrumentation and Control
*Please note the exact sequencing of units may vary.
What jobs will I be trained for once I have finished this apprenticeship?
This course trains you for a variety of roles such as Engineering Maintenance Technician, Electrical Engineering Technician, Electronics Engineering Technician.
Who should attend?
Anyone who meets the following entry requirements:
Applicants must already be employed in a suitable engineering role or have relevant engineering experience.
In addition, you will need one of the following:
- A minimum of two A-Levels at grade C or above, including a mathematical based subject and a science, technology, engineering or an additional mathematics-related subject
- An Engineering BTEC Level 3 with at least 120 credits at MM (merit merit) level
- An EAL Diploma in an Engineering-based subject at merit or above
- Equivalent qualifications such as Technical Levels at MM or above
How do I apply?
Once you have checked that you meet the entry requirements, the next step is to apply. You can do this on our website here.
If at any point you have any questions about your application, you can contact any member of our recruitment team or email email@example.com.Book now